Using Arguments, Questions, and Reflections to Promote Excellence - Heather Laird-Fick, MD, MPH, FACP (47:52) ( Windows Media)
"I Can See CLERly Now"
A one-day conference in Midland, Michigan on January 31, 2014 – devoted to information and discussion regarding the new ACGME institutional requirements. The first 9 minutes of welcome is audio; after that, Powerpoint slides accompany the audio.
- Welcome from Drs. Rappley and Pearson - audio only
- Keynote Address: Pat Surdyk, PhD – Executive Director, ACGME IRC
- Involving Residents in Patient Safety Initiatives: Mona Hanna, MD – Director, Hurley Medical Center Pediatrics
- New Technologies for Effective Patient Health: Gary Ferenchick, MD – MSU Internal Medicine
- Resident Involvement in Q.I. Projects: Jami Foreback, MD – DME, McLaren Flint
- Involving Communities In Medical Education: Dan Webster, MD – Assistant Dean, Traverse City
- Improving Communication Skills for Residents and Faculty: Randy Pearson, MD – Assistant Dean, GME
Teaching Patient Safety
The Veterans’ Administration, through its network of graduate medical education programs, has been a leader in developing patient safety education modules for its constituent residencies. This link will take you to the VA’s Patient Safety education modules, which you are free to incorporate (either in whole or in part) for your program’s patient safety education.